Vote Now for Your Favorite Finalist
Our entry period has now closed, but be sure to vote everyday to ensure that your favorite organization has the best chance to win this year's Better Play & Recreation Contest.
Synthetic Turf International’s Better Play & Recreation Contest
Non-profit groups and service organizations can win a synthetic turf putting green, playground, park or a special install worth up to $50,000!
We are proud to help enhance the recreation and landscape needs of people of all ages throughout North America by providing the highest quality synthetic turf installations and solutions. Impressed by the incredible dedication of non-profit groups and service organizations that work tirelessly to help kids, pets and the community overall, we want to award a turnkey synthetic turf installation to a worthy organization that enhances their ability to help the populations they serve. Whether it is a new playground for kids at a family shelter, putting greens for youth at risk who are turning around their lives, a new training area for a canine assistance program or a community park that helps children with disabilities play outside on an accessible surface, our goal is to help even more people experience a greener world.
How it Works
- Complete and submit the entry forms by April 26, 2013. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- Entrants should clearly demonstrate need for the synthetic turf green space and the anticipated positive impact it would make. Photos, videos, testimonials, and statistics may be submitted to demonstrate an agency’s effectiveness.
- STI will select the top ten finalists from all of the entries, and then open it up to a public vote to determine the contest winner.
- The grand prize winner will be notified in July and the prize will be installed at their location by October 2013.
- Non-profit golf-related groups serving kids (such as First Tee or junior golf associations) that could benefit from a synthetic turf putting green or practice area.
- General non-profit organizations, serving youth or families, in need of a playground or park.
- Schools and daycare facilities that offer financial assistance/support to at least a portion of the students served.
- Community organizations and park associations that create more opportunities for kids to play outside and increase their activity levels as part of their outreach effort.
- Pet service organizations that could benefit from synthetic turf surfaces in caring for animals, such as humane societies, rescue groups, canine assistance training and non-profit dog parks.
Contest Rules and Requirements
- Submissions must be received by April 26, 2013.
- Entrants should clearly demonstrate their need for a synthetic turf green space and the anticipated positive impact it would make.
- Photos, videos (of no longer than five minutes), testimonials, and statistics may be submitted to demonstrate an agency’s effectiveness within their entry.
- All nominations become the property of STI and a waiver/release must be signed in order to be eligible. STI may use all submitted materials to promote the contest overall, semi-finalists and the Grand Prize winner.
- All entries that meet eligibility requirements will be judged internally by STI based on demonstrating the greatest need for the prize, the potential to significantly enhance the experience of populations served with the synthetic turf install, overall positive impact of the organization and enthusiasm.
- Ten finalists will be selected by May 6, and then posted to Facebook or the STI website for a public voting period of approximately a month to determine the winner.
- After the public vote count is verified, the Grand Prize winner will be notified in July and the synthetic turf install will be completed by October 2013.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.